Sunday, June 29, 2008

McCain: I ‘Don’t See How It Matters’ That I Don’t Know The Price Of Gas

OC Register Q & A with John McCain:

WICKSOL: When was the last time you pumped your own gas and how much did it cost?

MCCAIN: Oh, I don’t remember. Now there’s Secret Service protection. But I’ve done it for many, many years. I don’t recall and frankly, I don’t see how it matters.

I’ve had hundreds and hundreds of town hall meetings, many as short a time ago as yesterday. I communicate with the people and they communicate with me very effectively.


People may communicate with him effectively, but he is not listening. It is not sinking in. How can a leader, know how to deal with an issue if he doesn't know the price of gas is over $4.00 a gallon? The price of gas is not an issue for him because he never pays for it directly! He is so rich, it doesn't matter to him.

Remember when he proposed the gas tax holiday because he realized people are hurting. How can he know people are hurting if he is not aware that gas is $4.00 a gallon?

No comments: