Monday, July 23, 2007

Reid Unafraid of Lashing Out



WASHINGTON (AP) -- Alan Greenspan has retired as chairman of the Federal Reserve, so Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid has to find someone else to brand as Washington's biggest "political hack."

"I could give that designation to someone else," Reid said in a broadcast interview Sunday. "I don't think I'll do it here today."

But don't think for a minute the Nevada Democrat has changed his opinion about the venerable ex-Fed leader.

It was in 2005 when Greenspan was the target of Reid's barbs. Greenspan had given a qualified endorsement to President Bush's proposed Social Security and tax overhauls.

At the time, Reid used a television interview to brand the Fed chairman "one of the biggest political hacks we have in Washington."

"I call them the way I see them," Reid made clear Sunday. "Alan Greenspan, when they asked me about him, I said I thought he was the biggest political hack in Washington. That's how I felt. Why shouldn't I say that?"

Complete article

I am surprised anyone can be outraged at Senator Reid. To me, Bush has lied so many times, I don't know where to start!

First lie was in 2000. "I am a uniter not a divider." Also about the rebate given to everyone...Democrats kept telling us it will only benefit the top 1%. Bush said not true. Guess what? It was true.

Too many lies to mention!

No comments: