Thursday, May 22, 2008

McCain, finally severes ties with Hagee



It took this insinuation for Senator McCain to finally severe ties with Rev. Hagee. The statement that Adolf Hitler had been fulfilling God’s will by hastening the desire of Jews to return to Israel in accordance with biblical prophecy.

His remarks:

“Obviously, I find these remarks and others deeply offensive and indefensible, and I repudiate them. I did not know of them before Reverend Hagee's endorsement, and I feel I must reject his endorsement as well,” McCain said in a statement to CNN Thursday.


After repudiating Rev Hagee, he then reminded everyone although what Rev Hagee said was bad, there was no comparision to the relationship of Rev. Wright and Senator Obama.


“I have said I do not believe Senator Obama shares Reverend Wright's extreme views. But let me also be clear, Reverend Hagee was not and is not my pastor or spiritual advisor, and I did not attend his church for twenty years. I have denounced statements he made immediately upon learning of them, as I do again today,” said McCain.


Nice distraction John! When in trouble point your finger back at someone else! I am surprise President Clinton wasn't brought up somehow! That has been the case many times in the last 8 years! Not from John, but from many Republican pundits!

So it is alright for Rev Hagee statements about:


  • The Catholic bashing wasn't enough.
  • The gay bashing wasn't enough
  • All the other hate speech wasn't enough.


It took a Nazi statement for John to take action! Until then, he never "denounced statements he made immediately upon learning of them."

Something else is missing from Johns denunciation, and that is the fact he saught out the endorsement of Rev Hagee for over a year! He had to know what kind of person he was before seeking his approval!

No comments: